Advantages of Various LED Lights
LED (light emitting diode) is considered to be one of the most energy-efficient lighting technologies. High-quality LED lights typically last longer than conventional incandescent and fluorescent lights. They are more durable and known to provide a better quality of light, too. Apart from benefits, LED lights are known to provide many other advantages to consumers who need lighting for indoor or outdoor applications. Here is an overview of the advantages of LED lights compared to other lighting products:
- Energy savings – ENERGY STAR-rated LED lights are reported to use at least 75 percent less energy and typically last 25 times longer than conventional incandescent bulbs. The use of LED lighting may greatly impact energy savings in the US. Widespread use may help the US save about 348 TWh of electricity by 2027.
- Better light source – A light emitting diode is smaller, like a fleck of pepper. And the light source is typically a mixture of blue, green, and red LEDs. LEDs are often used to create white light, but there are other colors depending on the manufacturer.
- It does not get too hot – LED lights use up almost all the energy generated by electricity into light and wastes very little of it. Hence, they emit very little heat and tend to be cooler to the touch, even when they have been switched on for several hours. By comparison, CFLs emit 80 percent of energy as heat while incandescent bulbs release 90 percent of energy as heat.
- Directional lighting – LED lights are perfect if you need light at a specific direction. This way, you can minimize the need for diffusers and reflectors. This feature makes LED bulbs more efficient for different applications, too, such as task lighting and recessed downlights.
- More products – The versatility of LED lights allow them to be useful in any application, such as lamps, work lights, LED headlamp, flashlights, and outdoor lighting.